Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

and the Longing for the Proper Respect

I understand that people give me advice because they love me, and because they think it's what's best for me. I really do understand that. But it's starting to not feel like advice anymore. It's starting to feel like orders.

Sometimes I feel like if I don't do certain things, people are going to think that I'm failing. That used to scare me. But every day I feel more and more like I need to stop caring so much what everyone else thinks. So what if someone else doesn't approve of a decision I'm making? My life is up to me. Who cares if my life is pleasing to someone else? If it's not pleasing to me, then what's the point?

I'm not saying I'm gonna run around making bad decisions. I'm saying I think I'm making good decisions, and I think they're the right decisions for me. And just because someone else thinks they're wrong, that doesn't make them wrong. It just makes the two of us different.

I feel like this post didn't make sense, and that I didn't communicate what I was trying to say. But oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a Starbucks barista, and I like adventures.

Followers