Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

and the London Boots

Last October, I went on a voyage across the pond to London with some girls from beauty school. These girls were a mystery to me and they lived such different lives than I did, but it was such a great opportunity to go somewhere I'd always wanted to visit--so I sucked it up and travelled with a bunch of prissy fashionistas.

London was everything I had dreamed of and more. It was one of the best weeks of my life! I had saved up a small sum of money to spend while I was there, but I just couldn't decide what to buy. The shopping was so fantastic, I had a million things to choose from. On my very last day in the city, just hours before we would leave to catch our flight, I went on one last shopping extravaganza to finally make my decision.

I walked from our small hotel in Shepherd's Bush to the nearby mall, and it was there that I found them--the perfect boots. (For those of you who don't know me well, I'm not incredibly big on fasion, but I'm a complete slut for jackets and boots.) They were beautiful. Periwinkle, nearly knee-high, adorable buckles on the sides, a petite heel at the back. As soon as I layed my eyes on them, I knew I must have them. I ran over to H&M after this amazing buy to find an outfit that would complete them, so that when I got off the plane in Seattle, I would look like I had just come from London. I picked out a great pair of gray leggings as a finishing touch. To my dismay, however, when I arrived in Seattle and hastily changed in the bathroom, I discovered that the boots wouldn't zip up over my calves if I was wearing the leggings, even though they were ultra thin. I had to wear my beautiful new boots unaccessorized.

So that's the back story.

Sometimes when I'm feeling blue, I like to go into my closet and take out my magnificent selection of shoes. I'll put them on one at a time. It's very therapeudic.

(It is important to note that over the last few months I've been working on losing weight. I bought a pair of shape-up shoes because it's especially difficult for me to lose inches off of my legs.)

When I got to my gorgeous London boots, I put them on... tugged on the zipper... and they zipped effortlessly all the way up. OVER MY JEANS. Not skinny pants. Straight up jeans.

I feel so skinny and accomplished, it's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a Starbucks barista, and I like adventures.

Followers