Blog Archive

Monday, August 30, 2010

and the Great Excitement

I AM SO FLIPPING EXCITED.

Four weeks from today (well, technically yesterday...) Brandon and I are leaving for a week-long road trip. This trip means so much to me, for so many different reasons.

1. Primarily, we are traveling to Sacramento to see Muse in concert.
For those of you who don't know this, I LOVE MUSE. They are my favorite band, by far. Matt Bellamy is absolutely my hero. I'm totally and completely obsessed. If you're not aware, the lyrics in my tattoo are Muse lyrics. I just REALLY love muse. I've seen them in concert once before with Lora in Utah, and it was a ton of fun, but we got our tickets too late and got pretty terrible seats. This time, Brandon and I have GA tickets, and we're going to get there twelve hours early and be the first ones inside and we are going to be in the effing front if I have to kill people to do it.

2. Brandon Glen Hopper is my soulmate.
Years ago, Pastor Jonathan talked about soulmates. A soulmate, he said, is not necessarily someone that you love and take as your spouse. A soulmate is someone God has placed in your life that you know you cannot be without. Someone, no matter what happens or what they do, that you will always love and look out for. Brandon is mine. We've been together since the beginning of our lives, both growing up in our grandparents' household like brother and sister. Of course, at a young age we hated each other, but as time went on we somehow learned to really love each other like best friends. I can think of two occasions in the last six-or-so years that we've fought, and each time it lasted like a day. We can spend countless hours together and not get bored of each other. We're just soulmates. And I always look forward to quality time that I get to spend with him. Our last three-day excursion together was SO much fun, and an entire week is going to be a thousand times as good.

3. The people I am going to see.
When people leave Seattle, they go to California. We'll visit Redding, where I went to school for a short time, and visit the whole three friends that I made while I was there. (Exaggeration...not quite.) While in Sacramento, we will stay with Tim and Julie for a few nights, who are just my favorite people in the world. I've always been able to count on Julie for everything. She's always able to be there for me with advice and a strong support. Tim is the big brother I don't have. Hilarious and fun to be around! And they shock and awe me with their incredible relationship. They are people I just LOVE to be around.
Then there is Bree, who worked with me for a while, then moved to the San Francisco area. I miss her SO MUCH. We started to become friends through work, and I feel like right as we got into a comfortable place of best-friendship, she was gone. It broke my little heart. I absolutely can not wait to see her again. And Alison, who also worked with me, moved to San Diego. I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to see her, because we're not sure how far we want to drive, and she's not sure how far she'll be able to drive to meet us somewhere. So be praying that it works out, because I miss her a lot as well.

So to kind of shift gears here, I am uncomfortable in my body. It seems weird that I'm phrasing it that way, but that's the only way I can think to explain myself. I'm aware that I'm not "fat." I also don't think I'm ugly. I think I'm relatively good-looking. But I'm uncomfortable in my body. It just feels a bit too big for me. A while ago I started changing my diet and exercising. I've lost about 10 pounds, but then I sort of plateaued and stopped exercising.

For some reason, this trip that means so much to me is a super great motivator. I really REALLY want it to be perfect, so I guess I want to feel comfortable with myself before I leave. That seems kind of weird to me, but it's the way I feel. I want so badly to feel good about myself before I leave. So for the next 4 weeks, I'm going to be working hard.

I literally have every day's food planned, except for Fat Fridays of course :). I am going to work out for at least a half hour every day, except for Fat Fridays of course :). Haha. I'm going to try to swim at least once a week. And I think the only reason I'm writing this in my little blog is so that I'll feel like I'm accountable to someone other than myself.

This is sudden, but I'm very tired and I'm going to bed. I got everything out that I wanted to say, but I didn't segue into a very good finish... sorry for the abrupt ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a Starbucks barista, and I like adventures.

Followers