Blog Archive

Friday, October 7, 2011

Grown Ups

Sometimes I think I'm all grown up. Then immediately afterwards I do something childish and I snap back to reality.

I've been having an awesome opportunity to play an important role in a young man's life. For a while I've watched him flounder around, putting no effort into the things he's doing, goofing off and shirking his responsibilities. Then I listened to him claim that he wants to be a leader among the other young people that surround him, and I heard him spout off all these incredible goals, and I know he's never going to accomplish him because he's goofing off and shirking his responsibilities.

What a wonderful opportunity to be a leader to this kid! To encourage him to try harder, to challenge him and hold him accountable so that in the end he'll come out a better man!

Instead of doing that, though, I criticized him and tore him to shreds. Pretty grown up, huh?

Last night I think I made things right. But only after several weeks of doing wrong, wrong, wrong.

In addition to that, work has been throwing me a lot of curveballs. Like, a lot. And instead of taking the opportunity to shine bright and power through, proving that I work hard for me and nobody else, proving that I can conquer all and come out on top, I cried all week and complained about it. Contemplated quitting--basically, running away from my problems.

I rarely feel this young and immature.
I'm not sure what the point of this blog is.
Just getting it out I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a Starbucks barista, and I like adventures.

Followers